The BMClab has state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure for the investigation of human movement.
The BMClab occupies a space with 180 m2 at UFABC where we have a 120-m2 room for data collection with our motion capture system, force plates, etc. and three other rooms: one for data analysis with several computers (30 m2), another for subject preparation and evaluation (15 m2), and the third room for a small machine and electronics assembly shop (15 m2).
- System with 12 cameras with 4 Mb of resolution at 200 Hz, software and accessories (Raptor-4, Motion Analysis). Cortex manual.
- Two video cameras (scA640-120gc, Basler). Manual.
- Four video cameras (GR-DVL9800, JVC). Manual.
- Instrumented dual-belt treadmill (FIT, Bertec)
- Three six-component force plates (Optima400600, AMTI) and two six-component force plates (9281EA, Kistler)
- Two pressure distribution systems (FDM, Zebris)
- Four tri-axial accelerometers (8763B, Kistler)
- Two wheelchair six-component sensors (SmartWheel, Out-Front)
- Six-component torque transducer (9105-TIF-DELTA, ATI).
Muscle activity measurement (electromyography)
- Wireless EMG system with 10 sensors, software and accessories (Trigno Lab, Delsys). Manual.
- Portable mobile system with data logging and different transducers, software and accessories (EMG, EEG, acceleration, foot switch, load cell) (Trigno Mobile, Delsys). Manual.
- Data acquisition A/D cards (PCI-6031E, USB-6218, and others, National Instruments)
- Oscilloscope (Tektronix), multimeter (Fluke), Function generator (CFG253, Tektronix).
- Python ecosystem for scientific programming (Python). See our software repository in GitHub.
- R for statistical computing (R project)
- OpenSim for musculoskeletal modeling and dynamic simulation (OpenSim)
- Visual3D for biomechanical analysis (C-Motion)
- Matlab for scientific programming (Mathworks)
- Labview for measurement and instrument control (National Instruments)
The construction of the laboratory and purchase of its equipment was made possible by the financial support from the Federal University of ABC and from Brazilian research agencies, nominally:
- Project “Postura e envelhecimento: criação de base de dados pública de sinais de oscilação e simulação computacional de mecanismos de controle”. Funded by FAPESP (#2014/13247-7).
- Project “Estudo do equilíbrio de pessoas com deficiências e idosos: uma base de dados aberta”. Funded by CNPq (#484464/2013-2).
- Project “Desenvolvimento de simulador de cadeira de rodas e de serviço de avaliação do movimento e postura para deficientes físicos com próteses/órteses e usuários de cadeira de rodas”. Funded by MCTI-SECIS/CNPq (#458811/2013-0).
- Project “Análise de atletas corredores: estudo multicêntrico para compreensão do movimento com implicação para prevenção de lesão e melhora do rendimento”. Funded by ME/CNPq (#487490/2013-4).
- Project “Controle do equilíbrio e movimento em adultos jovens e idosos sedentários e corredores”. Funded by FAPESP (#2008/10461-7).