We at the BMClab are interested in the Biomechanics and Motor Control of human movement, particularly about human locomotion and posture control. Basically, Biomechanics studies the structure and function of biological systems using the knowledge and methods of the Mechanics, and Motor Control studies how the biological systems control their movements. In a broad sense, we are interested in knowing how living beings control and execute their movements.
Lines of research
- Postural control in humans
- Clinical gait analysis
- Biomechanics of long distance running
- Modeling and simulation of human movement
- Biomechanics of wheelchair propulsion
- Software development for movement analysis