|PhD, Professor Email: renato.watanabe ufabc.edu.br Tel.: +55 11 2320-6435 Biomechanics and Motor Control Laboratory Biomedical Engineering Federal University of ABC, Brazil|
- My research focuses on Motor Control, Biomechanics of Human Movement, Neuromechanics and Human Neurophysiology by using mathematical and computational tools such as Signal Processing, Stochastic Processes, Nonlinear System Identification, Computational Modeling and Control Theory.
- WATANABE, R. N.; KOHN, A. F. , Fast Oscillatory Commands from the Motor Cortex Can Be Decoded by the Spinal Cord for Force Control. The Journal of Neuroscience, v. 35, p. 13687-13697, 2015.
- ELIAS, LEONARDO ABDALA ; WATANABE, R. N. ; KOHN, ANDRÉ FABIO . Spinal Mechanisms May Provide a Combination of Intermittent and Continuous Control of Human Posture: Predictions from a Biologically Based Neuromusculoskeletal Model. PLOS Computational Biology (Online), v. 10, p. e1003944, 2014.
- WATANABE, R. N.; MAGALHAES, F. H. ; ELIAS, L. A. ; CHAUD, V. M. ; MELLO, E. M. ; KOHN, A. F. . Influences of pre-motoneuronal command statistics on the scaling of motor output variability during isometric plantarflexion. Journal of Neurophysiology, v. 110, p. 2592-2606, 2013.
- 2012-2016 – PhD em Electrical Engineering, Escola Politécnica, University of São Paulo
- 2010-2012 – MS in Biomedical Engineering, Escola Politécnica, University of São Paulo
- 2004-2009 – BS in Electrical Engineering, Escola Politécnica, University of São Paulo