|Dr, Professor Email: reginaldo.fukuchi ufabc.edu.br Tel.: +55 11 2320-6435 Biomechanics and Motor Control Laboratory Biomedical Engineering Federal University of ABC|
- PhD in Kinesiology (concentration: Biomechanics) (2013), Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Calgary, Canada.
- MSc in Physical Education (2007), School of Physical Education and Sport, University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil.
- Fellowship in Sports Physiotherapy (2001), Sports Traumatology Center, Federal University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil.
- BSc in Physical Therapy (1999), Don Bosco Catholic University, Campo Grande-MS, Brazil.
- I’ve been applying Biomechanics associated with traditional and sophisticated data analysis methods to understand the effects of ageing and injuries on running biomechanical patterns. Through this knowledge, I hope to enhance our understanding about the risk factors, prevention and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries.
- 2017) A public dataset of running biomechanics and the effects of running speed on lower extremity kinematics and kinetics. PeerJ 5:e3298 https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.3298. (
- Fukuchi, R.K., Stefanyshyn, D.J., Stirling, L., Duarte, M., Ferber, R. (2014). Flexibility, muscle strength and running biomechanical adaptations in older runners. Clinical Biomechanics. 29(3): 304-310. PubMed.
- Richmond, S.A., Fukuchi, R.K., Ezzat, A., Schneider, K., Schneider, G., Emery, C.A. (2013). Are joint injury, sport activity, physical activity, obesity, or occupational activities predictors for osteoarthritis? A systematic review. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 43(8): 515-524. PubMed.
- Fukuchi, R.K., Eskofier, B.M., Duarte, M., Ferber, R. (2011). Support Vector Machines for detecting age-related changes in running kinematics. Journal of Biomechanics. 44(3):540-542. PubMed.
- Fukuchi, R.K., Duarte, M. (2008). Comparison of three-dimensional lower extremity running kinematics of young and elderly adult runners. Journal of Sports Sciences. 26(13): 1447-1454. PubMed.
- EN2319: Biological Basis for Engineering I
- EN2320: Biological Basis for Engineering II
- EN3332: Human Factors and Ergonomics (in Portuguese)